Wednesday, June 21, 2006

ACLU/GVCLU Town Meeting Tonight

Tonight is the annual town meeting for the Genesee Valley Civil Liberties Union. They have asked Lisa and I to join two other folks they represent and have a "sit down" with their members, and the public at large that may attend.

There could be "hostiles" there, we're told. I told Lisa that I didn't see the point in engaging any hostiles other than to politely answer their questions and not debate the issue itself. That's what the legal team is for.

The idea is to discuss our case on a broad term, and how it's affected us and how we see it affecting others on the road behind us.

I'm really hoping that my lawyer will be there. I'd like very much for Lisa to meet him. I've even enlisted his services on a paying basis to help out with some of the bullshit my father left behind. He's a good guy. Hey, what straight guy do you know that is married, and a HUGE fan of The L Word?



No comments: