Monday, October 03, 2005

Bush nomination

I seriously wonder what criteria Chimpy uses to appoint people to certain positions.

I mean, "Brownie, you're doing a heckuva job," the director of FEMA had experience horse farming and, while horse shit COULD be considered a "natural disaster," it hardly qualifies on has having experience in directing the multiple interstate agencies that are always involved during times of disaster -- like Katrina and Rita. One only needs a shovel for horse shit (and Chimpy shit) but the man's lack of experience or ANY qualifications sure as hell came to light, brightly, during our most recent disaster.

Now Chimpy has nominated a woman to the Supreme Court that has NEVER been a judge. Oh sure, Miers was the first woman to serve as president of the Texas State Bar and the Dallas Bar Association and also served on the Dallas City Council. But so what? How does that qualify her to preside over the very future of civil rights in this country?

What's that you say? She was Bush's private attorney in Texas? Oh, well THAT qualifies her.

[major eyeroll]

6 comments:

Minnesota Nice said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Minnesota Nice said...

I tried to attach a link but can't figure out how to in comments...there's an article online about Miers going on record favoring equal civil rights for gays when she ran for Dallas city council, and she said the city had a responsibility to pay for AIDS education and patient services.

But she's an old crony of Bush's no doubt...so I won't get my hopes up!

This is an awesome blog, I'll be back!

Pat said...

Yeah, but that was before she "switched teams" and became a Repugnican.

But for me, the requirement isn't that they support GLBTQ rights solely, it's about experience, and a complete understanding of how the constitution works. But, with her "fierce loyalty" to Bush, I wonder if she's just another drone...

LC Scotty said...

"repugnican"? Please remember, Pat that not all republicans (or conservatives for that matter) oppose recognition of equal civil rights for gays. Some of us are even openly in favor of it.

I was really hoping for somebody with a strong libertarian streak to be appointed, say Jancice Rogers Brown? And your sentiment that the most important thing is the constitution is spot on. If we just let the 14th do what it says, a lot of these issues go away.

Pat said...

Hey scotty, how about if I just qualify, here and now, that when I use the term "repugnican," that's with present company excepted?

But, seriously, you're right. There are two groups that scare me, as a whole, Republicans/Conservatives and "Christians." And, sadly, I tend to "stereotype" all of them and lump them into one group.

Don't let me get away with that, and don't let me off the hook if I do that. K?

LC Scotty said...

All in good fun Pat. I think the same people scare us both, we just name them a bit differently.