Monday, January 17, 2005

Well, it's back to work!

I haven't been there since the lawsuit was filed and the news hit the pavement.

Besides the numerous voicemails expressing support, I got a couple of emails at my work account, expressing support. From people I don't even know, and never heard of, from within the workplace! Some of them I knew -- and some of them are straight, just supportive.

I found it very liberating, empowering, to hear these messages of support. Still can't figure out what possesses a person to pick up the phone and call someone they don't even know, unless they feel VERY strongly about the subject at hand.

In any case, it makes going back tomorrow a little less worriesome - at least to some degree.

It'll be interesting to see how my superiors interact with me now, too.

I'm finding it hard to stay focused on simple tasks lately -- I'm hoping that by the time I get to work tomorrow, and back into my normal routine, I'll be more attentive to things. That is, provided I'm not wound up like an eight day clock by the time I get there. Last night the forecast was "4-8 inches of lake-effect snow overnight, 3-6 inches tomorrow, 3-6 inches tomorrow evening, and 3-6 overnight." We could see a foot or more by morning. When I drive in this sort of crap, my neck and shoulders are in such pain for the day -- I think I drive REALLY tensed up. Lucky I've got that RAV4 -- it's so sure-footed!

Lisa's reception at work has been good, too, since this thing broke. Her employer was very supportive of what we're doing as a whole, and offered support wherever we might need it, if she can help at all. It's good to know we've got an ally there. One of Lisa's co-workers is fiercely supportive as well - she adores "us" as we are.

I'm actually glad that the story broke on a Friday before a 3 day weekend -- gave it time to "die down" quickly so that, hopefully, it won't be the topic of conversation at the water coolers tomorrow. We'll see....

To those of you that called and wrote, from the bottom of my heart, thank you!


No comments: